news

12th March 2008

Ffarmers History book available to buy online!

Click here to go to online shop

events

31/10/08 at 7.30 pm

An evening with Mererid Hopwood in the Hall

06/12/08 at 7.30 pm

Parti Cut Lloi in the Hall

21/12/08 at 7.30 pm

Concert and Carol Service in the Hall

 

 

Google

welcome to ffarmers

Ffarmers is a small village in the parish of Cynwyl Gaeo, to the north of the A482 leading from Llanwrda to Lampeter. The village takes its name from the Farmers' Arms that was located on the village square,but which has been closed for many years. The village straddles the old Roman Road - Sarn Helen - and was also an important location for the drovers driving cattle from Ceredigion to the markets of England. The Drovers' Arms is still an important meeting place for local people, and has been owned by the community since the mid-nineties - The Drovers' Community Venture.

welcome to ffarmers

There are some 50 dwellings within the village boundary and numerous farms and private dwellings in the surrounding district. The village still retains it's school - Ysgol Carreg Hirfaen - which is part of a federal school structure with two neighbouring villages. The village hall - Neuadd Bro Fana - was opened in 1931 and has a concert hall, snooker room, IT centre etc, together with a playing field/recreation area for local residents.

ffarmers in the shadow of craig twrch

Ffarmers is located in the area locally known as Cwm Twrch, and near the River Twrch which is the parish boundary between Cynwyl Gaeo and Llanycrwys.